The Dreadknight is Finished!
Kurt the Manager from Games Workshop Annapolis was nice enough to “loan me” the model late Thursday night and had it painted and based by 16:00 Saturday!
This makes it the fastest build out I have done. In the end to meet the 36 hour deadline I had to rush the final details. I was a bit disappointed with how the power sword turned out, and I wanted to clean up the shoulder shields heraldry more, but I agreed to deliver it Saturday and I did it!
A few notes:
- I am still working on doing better power weapons, I thought it would be easier to do a larger area, but turns out blending on a larger surface is MUCH more difficult.
- The book on the right arm is from the Dark Angels upgrade sprue, I wanted to add a bit of a personal touch without massive a massive distracting conversion.
- Back to the book again, I tried to freehand the text, but half way through the second page my dog came up and "wacked" me to be let out. I ended up slathering paint all over it, and I had to start again, cleaning it off and repainting the page white. I cheated with a Micron pen to get it done
- The kit does not come with any Decals, all the decales I used are from the Witchhunters set.
Again Feedback welcome!
I actually blended 7 different shades of blue, hard to see even on the finished model, it's one of the areas I need the most improvement.
Kirt beind the case were my Dreadknight now sits on display!
The Ice Wasteland table...
"Urban Wasteland" table
Opened my lightbox for the first time to take some higher quality photos, and turns out it's missing it's backdrop! So better photos soon.